Tuesday, November 27, 2007

About me: Jan Burres

My name is Jan Burres and I'm writing you from Slab City, California. I was an acquaintance of Chris McCandless'... actually... i considered myself one of his closest friends. He was a wonderful individual who would discuss numerous topics with me, and he seemed to confide in me. In retrospect, I wish i encouraged Chris (even more) to contact his family. I knew that this was a sensitive subject with him, thus, i refrained from bringing up this topic. Bob and I are still going strong, but we think of Chris on a daily basis. He served as an inspiration to the both of us. We now have a child on the way, and we plan on naming him Chris Burres.
I also feel that the film, Into the Wild directed by Sean Penn did not accurately portray the close relationship Chris and I shared. Catherine Keener is a wonderful actress, but i feel that it's not possible to convey the loyalty Chris and I felt towards one another.
If any of you plan on passing through Slab City and have stories about Chris, please feel free to stop by and pay Bob and I a visit.

4 comments:

Sean B. said...

Hello, i recently saw the movie Into the Wild and i was very moved by Chris McCandless personallity. Are u really the REAL Jan Burres

Anonymous said...

I suppose on some level I felt the need to connect with you. I read Into the Wild many years ago, and then saw the movie recently. I have been so moved by Chris and everyone around him during his journey. Thank you for posting.

Julie said...

I just read an interview with the REAL Jan Burres, you are NOT HER! For one thing, Jan, in 2007 would be too old to have children. She was 20 years older than Chris. Jan lives in whole different state now and is no longer with Bob, silly faker! So anyone who is fooled by this crap, don't be!

phoebs said...

Je trouve ça méchant, oui méchant de faire une plaisanterie de ce genre ! et puis je me permet de dire que celui qui a marqué ceci n'est pas très malin car à Slab City je doute fort que Jan Burres ai accès à internet depuis les "slabs " qui sont en plein désert !
Sérieusement , j'aimerai la rencontrer pour lui parler de chris mais je ne sais pas où la trouver..