Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Intro

Greetings,
My name is Siddhartha. I grew up in a rather large city, born into a family of Brahmin's. I was sheltered through wealth and class, elevated from all of the others. However, something was missing. I felt that I didn't deserve the rank and respect that I was given. I hadn't done anything that deserved respect. But, all of this made me feel empty, lost and alone. My life was so sheltered, protected. How could I possibly be given so much respect if I am relying on everyone else. I needed something to make myself feel whole. I needed something new. I left my town in order to find my inner "om". My "om" is what I consider to be my center, my meaning.
I finally had learned to depend on nothing, to be capable of relying on myself. While my progress was significant, I needed something else. I needed to be with my people, the "child people". I needed to experience the subtleties of the common folk.
The first thing I saw was remarkable. A vision of beauty. She was the farthest thing from common. She was followed by many men, wrapped in garments fit for a Goddess. She was poised, proper and perfect. My emotions immediately latched on to her glory, they longed to be with her.
Once she had settled, I approached her. I asked her what I had to do to win her over. I had to do a variety of things. The most significant was that I had to become wealthy, again. I had nobody to support me, now that I had left my hometown. I worked for a wealthy merchant, and gained the wealth I needed to love my queen.
As time passed I grew maddened by the simplistic lifestyles of the common-folk. I forced myself to leave the town and continue to my original path.

No comments: